Conservative led Stafford Borough Council have been successful in winning £5 Million pounds from the governments levelling up fund. A large chunk of the money will be spent in Stone Town.
The fact that Stafford Borough Council have succeeded in the entirety of their bid, with indicative funding to nearly £5m, indicates government confidence in their ability to take forward investment in the borough.
These grants will support worthwhile, economically sound and innovative projects, all rooted in local communities.
Of the nearly £5m government grant, a large chunk goes to Stone for:
- Internal fitting out of Crown Wharf Theatre
- Westbridge park resurfacing – 2 car parks
- The Scout building
- Solar panels for the Leisure Centre
Stone will also benefit directly from:
- Green Solutions – our contribution to the SCC SBEN programme - to help businesses to reduce energy consumption, become more sustainable and save money in the process
- Rural grants for B2B
- A rural workspace study to identify new capital projects.