Andrew is married to Jill and has a daughter Sarah, who lives in Burston with her husband and two boys. Andrew has lived and worked in Milwich for 46 years. He has practical personal experience and insight on issues around ageing and dementia. He has been a borough councillor for 16 years. He is vice chairman of the Planning Committee and a member of Resources Scrutiny. He is a member of the Sow and Penk Internal Drainage Board, charged to protect against flooding and to look after the best interests of wildlife along our watercourses.
If elected Andrew will work for:
- More public engagement and participation in decisions affecting our communities.
- Facilities for the aged and best help for dementia sufferers and their carers.
- Rural people pay more, get less, so fairer allocation of government funding to address the increased cost of rural services.
- Significant inward investment,including robotics and digital, whilst ensuring that the Borough remains a great place to live and work.
- Job creation and economic growth through nurturing our existing and incoming businesses of all sizes.
- Better chances for school leavers to find jobs locally; that our graduates stay and make their lives here.
- Continued and increased promotion of our cultural heritage and a flowering of our arts and media industries.
- Much higher architectural design standards, not least to address ‘lifetime’ housing and our town centres.
- Solutions to our traffic and parking demands.
- Maintaining pressure on government to dispel uncertainty for home owners over HS2; continue our opposition to the scheme and its impacts on local residents and businesses.
- Sharing as a community in our local landscape: the places where we live and work; a beautiful place to go for a walk: keeping up our ‘responsible dog owner’ campaign; and the visiting skip service for residents to dispose of large items and garden waste.